I did two Rails installations: Windows using railsinstaller and Linux using virtual box, host Windows Using the Windows installation for this project.
After adding pages it appears that I had a repetition on each page of the page title and whatever was in the body of the page.
I dicovered that in my application.html.erb I had an extra "yield" line. After removing this the pages displayed correctly.
I seem to have broken somthing and my app is not working properly so I decided to start over from the beginning so I could retrace my steps. However when I tried to push to github, with my new app it didnt work.I fixed this with the following steps:
I broke my app at this point and couldn't get the server to start properly. Finally I worked out that I had a space in the gemfile after simple_form. It is now working properly after a couple of days of pulling my hair out!!
Problem with first attempt to create new user registration. with the following error message: undefined local variable or method `new_pin_path'. Replaced `new_pin_path' with 'new_user_registration_path' and it now works! Phew!